Skip to content

Fire Heavily Damages Shop

Firemen from four stations extinguished a blaze in the 800 block of Reed Road, Saturday. A retired Memphis firefighter spotted the fire and quickly reported it to 911.
Photo by: Steve Corlew / The Lexington ProgressArticle by Steve Corlew-

Twenty-eight firefighters from four stations battled a shop fire on Reed Road, Saturday, June 25, 2022. Stations four, seven, nine, and 10 responded to the 800 block of Reed Road after a retired Memphis fireman spotted the blaze as he drove past.

The building was engulfed in flames and an adjacent home was in danger when firemen arrived. While battling the heat, fighters were able to quickly bring the fire under control.

According to Chief Lynn Murphy, the fire started when fan motor in a window air conditioning unit locked up and overheated.

For this and other interesting articles, see the June 29th edition of The Lexington Progress.

Subscribe Today!

Leave a Comment