Skip to content

Burning Rubbish Left Unattended Results in Property Damage

Damage from rubbish that was burning in an unattended barrel can be seen. The original fire started from a wildfire on another piece of property.
Photo Submitted / The Lexington Progress

Article by W. Clay Crook-

At 1:27 p.m. on Thursday, January 27, 2022, Henderson County Fire Stations 5, 9, and 7 responded to a shed fire in the 100 block of Union Hill Road off Hwy. 22 South.

The shed was an exposure from a wildfire that originated from an adjacent property located on Tumbleweed Lane. The wildfire was a result from burning rubbish in a barrel left unattended. Several mobile homes on Tumbleweed Lane were also in immediate danger.

Firefighters extinguished the shed saving most of its contents and extinguished the fire around…

For the complete article, see the February 2nd edition of The Lexington Progress.

Subscribe Today!

Leave a Comment