Skip to content

One Person Injured by First Heating Related Fire of The New Year on Friday, and Car Fire on Sunday

A mobile home fire occurred on Friday night, January 21, 2022 in the 500 block of Blankenship Road.
Photo Submitted / The Lexington Progress

Article by Chief Lynn Murphy-

At 11:24 p.m. on Friday night, January 21, 2022, Henderson County Fire Stations 4, 7, and 8 were dispatched to a mobile home fire in the 500 block of Blankenship Road off Darden-Christian Chapel Road.

The first firefighters arrived to discover the home fully engulfed in flames with a shed and two vehicles in immediate danger. Firefighters quickly contained the fire saving the shed and vehicles.

The only occupant of the home was awake and alert at the time of the fire and managed to escape safely to the outside. The male occupant stated he was wrapped in a blanket and as he walked by a portable propane heater being used for heating the home, the blanket caught fire and immediately was consumed by the fire. The fire from the burning blanket spread…

For complete coverage, see the January 26th edition of The Lexington Progress.

Subscribe Today!

Leave a Comment