Article by Lynn Murphy-
The statewide Get Alarmed Program for the free 10-year smoke alarms has again proven to be lifesaving. At 1:21 a.m. on Saturday morning, March 20, 2021, Stations 3, 7, and 10 were paged to respond to the 300 block Watson Road off Highway 22 North to a reported fire involving a heating unit. The first firefighter to arrive reported a smell of smoke in the home but no fire. Smoke caused by a mechanical malfunction within a furnace activated a nearby smoke alarm that…
For complete coverage, see the March 24th edition of The Lexington Progress.