Skip to content

Five Occupants Narrowly Escape Early Morning Fire


Henderson County Fire Department Responded to an early morning fire on Union Hill Road, in Henderson County. 
File Photo / The Lexington Progress

By Henderson County Fire Chief Lynn Murphy-

Combustibles being too close to an electric portable space heater, along with the absence of smoke alarms, almost resulted in the deaths of five people. Stations 5, 7, and 9 were dispatched to a mobile home fire at 2:33 a.m. on Monday, March 25th, along the 500 block Union Hill Road. The first firefighters to arrive reported fire coming from the front door of the home. Firefighters entered the home and extinguished the fire that originated in the bathroom. An occupant woke up to the home full of…

For the complete article, see the March 27th edition of The Lexington Progress.

Subscribe Today!

Leave a Comment