Members of the Lexington Lions Club gather at KC’s Farmhouse to enjoy 70 years of service.
Photo By: W. Clay Crook / The Lexington Progress
November 10, 1947, in a comfortable setting at Lexington High School, twenty-one men graced the charter of the Lexington Lions Club. Many of them were names now famous in the transformation of Lexington from a small town to a modern city: Roy R. Anderson, William E. Arnold Jr., Eugene Brooks, Morris Brooks, James T. Conger, Riley Cunningham, Oliver C. Deere, Paul Essary, William F. Goff, A.R. Wallace Jr., C.A. Harsson, Half Johnson, C.F. Knowles, H.B. McDowell, Henry Patton, Thomas R. Rhodes, E.R. Scott, L.W. Scott, Frank Taylor, and Wyatt Threadgill. Within a few months of its creation, the new group organized and started…
For the complete story, see the November 15th edition of The Lexington Progress.