Skip to content

One Injured in Weekend Fire


A mobile home fire at the corner of Bailey Road and Hwy 104 South left one resident injured.
Photo by W. Clay Crook/The Lexington Progress.


A Saturday evening fire left a woman in critical condition from burns and smoke inhalation.   Chief Lynn Murphy said that the Henderson County Fire Department responded to a mobile home fire near the corner of Hwy. 104 South and Bailey Road in about three minutes from the call received at 7:44 p.m.   Forty-four firefighters from Stations 5, 9, and 7, as well as Tanker 30 from Scotts Hill, arrived to find the residence fully engulf.  The blaze was brought under control, but the home was a total loss.   It was determined that the fire had been caused from a flash blaze related to smoking while using oxygen equipment.  The resident was able to escape the home, which had working fire detectors, but was badly…

For the complete story, see the March 15th edition of The Lexington Progress.

Subscribe Today!

Leave a Comment